Friday, September 19, 2008

Walgreens - I think I'm a coupon snob

I know, you only have two days to get to Walgreens because I am posting so late. We were out of power for almost 5 days following the wind storm, so I am behind on quite a few things, including but not limited to dishes, making lunches, going to Walgreens, laundry, making dinners, going to CVS...anyway, this week has been a mess.

Nevertheless I made it to Walgreens this afternoon and came out pretty well for little preparation! And the title of this post - I think I'm a coupon snob - comes from the fact that I didn't buy toothpaste at Walgreens this afternoon because it wasn't free. I had a 75 cent coupon that would've made it 25 cents out of pocket, but I couldn't find my $1 coupon that would've made it free...so I just walked a way. Does anyone else refuse to PAY for toothpaste???

Anyway, here's my trip:

  • Tuf garbage bags 45 ct $2.50 (this is a great deal - not all the bags are marked but most are $2.50)
  • 2 - Nestle Morsels @ $3.29 = $6.58
  • 2 - Glade Plug In Gel & $1.99 = $3.98
  • Glade Candle $1.99
  • Crest Pro Health Rinse $4.49
  • 2 Pantene Beau Length Sham @ 4 = $8
  • Pantene Gel $4

Total: $31.54

Coupons:

  • Nestle Morsels $1.99 (subtract $2.60) tear from page 3 of the weekly ad
  • 2 - $1.50 of Nestle chips (go to the bottom of the pages & sign up)
  • BOGO Glade PlugIn - newspaper
  • $1 off Glade PlugIn (coupon was stuck to PlugIn!)
  • $1 off Glade candle - newspaper
  • $2 off Pantene - newspaper
  • $4 off - free Pantene stylling product when you buy 2 Pantene Sham/Cond - newspaper
  • $10 Robitussin Register Reward (COME ON you did the deal last week right?!?!)

Out of Pocket: $5.95 (or $15.95 without RR) + tax
RRs recieved: $6.50 ($4.50 for Crest and $2 for Pantene)
Rebates received: $8.80 ($5 for Pantene #11,$2 for Glade PlugIn #33, $1 for Glade Candle #34 with 10% gift card bonus)
Total cost. $0.65 + tax (out of pocket + RRs used - RR received - Rebates recieved)

OH and if you want the .25 toothpaste, tear the "super coupon" from page 11 of the weekly ad and use the .75 coupon from the paper, or I THINK there was a $1 coupon in the All You magazine...but I can't find it!

No comments: