Sunday, December 21, 2008

Who hijacked my CVS?

I know this sale is for just 2 days and there are a lot of free items, but could someone give this girl a fighting chance? After church and lunch, I'll admit, I didn't get there until 2pm, but COME ON! I will try another store later this afternoon, but my feelings are a bit hurt and my optimism to find items is pretty low...

I went in with a plan to buy one each: ThermaCare, Right Guard, Excedrin, Benefiber, Listerine and 2 Sally Henson...after I reached the aisles of the first FIVE items and found only empty shelves I decided that the time for a planned trip was over and I should grab whatever I could find. I ended up with:

2 Sally Henson @ $5.99 = $11.98
Halls Naturals $2.59
Zantac 150 $4.99

Total: $19.56 (+ tax)

Coupons:
$3 off 2 Sally Henson (found in store)
.50 off Halls from paper
$1 off Zantac from paper

Out of Pocket: $15.06
ECBs received: $19.56
Profit: $4.50

Hopefully I'll have better luck later today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Betsy,

It wasn't me! But the same thing happened...I went this afternoon (2:30) and everything was gone. I did get some listerine and the eye shadow stuff. Everything else was gone! Crazy CVSers.

Oh, it was the Lexington Rd. CVS. They are always out of stuff (and it's never marked).

Betsy said...

Well, I was on Poplar Level Rd. But I did get to Lexington Rd at 5:30 and managed to get a few more things before they closed.