Monday, March 15, 2010

Life of a $35 Visa week 3 & 4

I wasn't able to get out much on week 3, so I am putting weeks 3 & 4 together. It is discouraging that when I worked full time I could pick a different drug store to visit on my lunch break each day, and now that I hang out with 2 kids all day it's difficult to justify a 5 minute trip with all the coats and car seats in and out and "stay there," don't move," "just one more minute," and even a "I'll give you candy if..." It's easier to just wait for Jeremy to get home. And because I haven't been shopping as often, I regret to say that I've let a $5 ECB and a $2 and $3 Register Rewards expire. That's $10!!! I've got to keep on top of it! You can check out weeks 1 and 2 here and here. I've bought some things I've "needed" this week so I haven't made much profit - that along with my lost RRs and ECBs increased my out of pocket a bit!

Wags
RRs used: $6
Out of Pocket (OOP) Visa: $3.24
RRs received: 0 :(
Rebates (kind of): $5.99 (Swiffer) towards $50 requirement for $100 Coupon book
Cost (OOP + RRs used): $9.24
Value of products: $27.60

CVS
ECBs used: 0
OOP: $6.25 (I am seriously regretting my lost ECB...)
Received: $4
Rebates (kinf of): $8.96 (Dawn, Oral-B, and Bounce) towards $100 Coupon book
Cost: $6.25
Value of products: $8.96

Over the last few weeks I've received $36.56 in products for $9.49 out of pocket. I have $12.75 left on my VISA.

Items not included in picture: Frappuccino (Jeremy drank it!) and 1 other Crunch bar...yum.

No comments: