Friday, February 20, 2009

Meijer through the 21st...I know, I stink

When Kroger is across the street, a 15 minute trip to Miejer can seem out of the way. I saw some great deals this week so decided I'd go on the way home from work...not too much out of the way when I do that. I know I am a terrible savings blogger when I show the deals the day before they end, but I had a great trip, and had to share!

I have a pretty good stockpile of food, so I usually don't spend more than $40 a week on groceries. But Meijer had me yesterday and just wouldn't let go. I saved over $80 and spent $71.89.
First of all, I am a sucker for clearance items. My husband and I both are. When we go to Target, we usually make our way to the registers via the back aisles - the clearance shelves. Well, Meijer throws their clearance any which way and I mazed through the store ONLY because I came in on the wrong side - otherwise I would've just gotten the food - I mean it! Well, I got heart ice cube trays (for ice, chocolates, suckers...lots of molding possibilities) for .84. I got a package of 6 red hard plastic plates for .99 which I'll use to put Christmas sweets on as gifts. I got a sippy cup for $1.99 (the straw ones)...can you believe that is a good deal, geez. And then I got a set of 4 Crayola finger paints for $3.49. It wasn't that great of a deal but I can't resist my little boy with 4 stitches.

They have a ton of items 10 for $10 get the 11th free (mix and match)
- - 10 Quakes Rice Cakes, lots of flavor, yum, I had 10 - $1 off coupons making them all free, reg price $1.79
- -2 Bull's Eye BBQ, reg price $1.49
- -2 Knorr Lipton Sides, used .75 off 2, reg price $1.64
- -4 packages Meijer baggies, reg price $1.72
- -2 Totino's pizza rolls, used .40 of 2, doubled to .80, reg price $1.66
- -2 Meijer organic mushrooms, reg price $2, FREE as 21st & 22nd purchase
Good prices, but not part of 10/$10:
**Bertolli pasta sauce $2 - only certain brands have the yummy white sauces!
**Miejer milk $2 (can you believe how much milk has gone down!?!?)
**Nutrigrain bars 5/$10, however when you buy 5 Kellogg's products you get milk for free...I bought 6, used 3 - $1/2 off coupons and got the milk above for free
**Frozen Chicken breasts are $5 for 40oz bag = $2 per lb, which is a super deal.
**I also got some great steaks and sausages at 40% off because of the sell by date. All stores vary, but I'm sure you'll find something!

For this post I was just planning on uploading my receipt with some great notes but apparently it doesn't get any bigger in the format I used...blah...I did half the receipt to make sure it worked, and when it didn't I stopped...but you wouldn't know that because you can't see it!

No comments: