Friday, May 8, 2009

Are you kidding me Oprah?

Well, it looks like if you didn't get your free chicken in the last 3 days, you aren't going to get it with the coupon. Due to overwhelming response (duh) they are no longer redeeming the coupon. Did they really think people weren't going to get excited about free chicken?! Don't they know they could have set the print limit at 1 or 2...instead of 4!

From what I understand if you take your coupon in to KFC they'll give you a form to mail in for a raincheck of the free meal PLUS a Pepsi. I guess they are thinking the random couponer will not do the work for the meal, but I will!!! Read the Oprah article here...or here is a video apology from the (australian?) KFC president.

There are going to be a lot of angry people out there! Since this news probably isn't going to spread as fast as the 'free' news, I would think you could try your coupon in the next day or two and cross your fingers that they'll take it! Good luck!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Good to know! Maybe I will do the work and get the raincheck and by the time I get the new coupon I can have a regular Pepsi with my chicken! Yum!