Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Can I Get It For Free...The Beginning

I've been using coupons for a few years which all started sitting the back office of Academic Records with Elizabeth and a fun little website, grocery game . Since AR days I have moved out to a wonderful job in Oldham County. Here I have a little bit of free time during the day and a whole hour at lunch. Since I don't really have any errands to run being 30 minutes out of town, and my coworkers and I all take different lunches, it ended up being me and my lunch staring at each other...and there began the OCD.

With the help of
a full cup and i heart cvs I filled endless lunches and a few afternoon moments gathering my steals and deals. Many times I do not need the bags of stuff I bring home, but if I got it for free or made a profit doing so, I will most definitely throw it in my cart and see if someone else can use it (and maybe have a yard sale down the road). Also, look into giving your extra stuff to church, homeless shelters, or friends and family that are in need/want.

A lot of people think it's great to get such great deals and want to know how to do it, but often think it's too much work. Personally I think it's fun and it just takes a couple lunch hours (and some Sunday afternoon clipping) to get organized each week. Most of the shopping I would do as any normal person...unless there are some really good CVS/Walgreens deals, then it may seem a little weird...but always worth it.

Anyway, I thought I would start blogging the deals I find each week (mostly stolen from other sites, but combined here for your viewing pleasure). That way, I don't bother those people that I e-mail each week with fantastic deals (that may not really want it). And hey, if they are really interested, they can just visit!

There are many printable coupons out there, but for the most part, you will want to buy the Sunday paper. You can get it for 99 cents at Wal-Mart. Another great source for coupons (if you're at Wal-Mart anyway!) is the All You magazine - only available at WallyWorld. It is $1.77 and has page after page of coupons. Some people read magazines; I tear through them for coupons.

And if no one wants to read my blog, at least it is a place where I can get all MY deals together and organized. Okay, that's my introduction...I'm off to post my first deal.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You are a genius! I have an All You subscription, isn't it the best? You should try reading it too!