Monday, April 27, 2009

Miejer - more updates

Meijer hasn't been too exciting lately . Yes, there's been an occasional Super Saturday, or 2-Day event but nothing to get really excited about...However, on page 8 of the ad if you buy 10 participating Kellogg's items you get 2 free movie tickets (probably a coupon at checkout and you'll go online to get your tickets). Do you see right there in the middle, Kellogg's cereal in a cup 10 for 10 get the 11th free? I mean, how convenient are those little things PLUS you're getting movie tickets which would probably cost about $16. Right? I really don't remember the last time I was at the movies...I used to go all the time...before babies...blah. UPDATE: the cereals in a cup DO NOT work. This is some terrible advertising, but the items must be 5.5 oz or above. After I purchased my 10 cereals last night I went to customer service and told them I didn't get my movie thing - showed them the ad, etc., and THEY pointed out the 5.5 oz thing to me. I politely said I would like to return them and THEY commented on how misleading the ad was...anyway, they felt bad and scanned a full size Mini Wheats they had behind the counter 10 times, gave me the movie thing and I kept the cereal. However, If you have a place to store a lot of cereal, in the Louisville area the derby day sale has Kellogg's 5 for $10. If you purchased 10 boxes and printed 10 $1 off coupons it would be the SAME price as the cups and you would still get the movie tickets!!!

Also, for the last few weeks they've had GREAT sales on staples - milk $1.98, bread $.98, eggs $.98, whole chicken $.98/lb, bagged lettuce $.98

Other GREAT deals:
Sweet Corn (get your grill out!) $.19 each
Blackberries 10 for $10 (reg price $2.99)
Meijer pasta 2 for $1

There is also a Derby Days Sale beginning Wed including:
3 lb ground chuck for $3.99 ($1.33/lb!)
8 piece fried chicken or rotisserie chick for $4.99 (probably cheaper that the $.98/lb uncooked chicken above)

and a bunch more...go check it out!

No comments: