Monday, June 8, 2009

K-Mart Doubles & Diapers

KMart has Super Doubles again this week. I am always tragically disappointed when I go during Super Doubles, so I convinced myself not to go yesterday. I think other markets have better luck because they have better KMarts…on the Super KMart scale rather than our strip mall KMarts…Also since there are so few KMarts in Louisville all the crazies get out as their only chance to use coupons and take everything before I get out of bed in the morning.

Anyway, I’ve seen a few posts about the deals at KMart this week and I’m rethinking my original decision. Kmart has about 6 current ads all starting and ending at different times (but I think all the ones up now are valid as of Tuesday 6/9). In the ad 6/9 to 7/13 pages 24-27 are dedicated to a Unilever/Kimberly-Clark/SC Johnson deal: Spend $20 get $3 off your next purchase, spend $35 get $7, spend $50 get $14. There are so many possibilities it’s impossible to list, but with double coupons this week – if you were to spend $50 on these products you could count an additional $.28 off per dollar. And I would HOPE all the crazies would have their attention on other items and might leave some for us.

This doesn’t apply to everyone, but since I’ve got a 2 year old with no interest in the potty and another one on the way, I’m going to do the Huggies diapers (Kimberly-Clark product). Huggies are on sale for $9.99 this week.

5 Huggies Jumbo = $49.95
Huggies Wipes $2.99

Total: $52.94

Coupons:
GIVE CASHIER FIRST $5 off $50 coupon
5 - $1.50 off Huggies, or whatever you have ($2 pullups coupons would be even better), doubled = $15 off
$.75 off wipes, doubled - $1.50

Out of pocket: $31.44 (+ tax)

Receipt $ off next order: $14

Submit for Caregiver's Refund @ $.75 per pack = $3.75

Total Cost: $13.69, or $2.74 per pack!
____________________________________________
There is also a $10 off $50 available on an apparel purchase…$50 clothing purchase - $10 coupon - $14 from promotion = $26, not bad!

I sincerely apologize for my diaper rant, and for those of you uninterested, here are some additional items that I am going to quadruple cross my fingers are still available when I visit.

No comments: