Monday, June 29, 2009

The sales are boring blah blah blah

The sales are booooring this week. Perhaps Meijer will come out with a fantastic Super Saturday sale or something that will get me off my butt on the 4th. We are dogsitting this weekend and I did not previously connect that it was a holiday weekend and were watching two dogs, so my previous plans to run away have been trampled. So I have been looking for some quick day trips to get out of the ‘ville. So far I’m thinking a little Cincy trip including Hofbrauhaus, IKEA (because ummm it’s the most wonderful place on earth) and a Reds game? They have a deal this weekend, 4 tix for $40. They are way way up in the top tier, but when you’re paying for a toddler, $30-$40 tickets seem a little ridiculous. (By the way if you are up for spending $30 a ticket, check out the All-You-Can-Eat Seats , you end up sitting by the happiest of people – I mean isn’t EVERYONE happy when they can eat all the hot dogs, Coke, popcorn and peanuts they can gorge themselves with?)

I went through Wags on my lunch break today looking for some frees and came up empty handed. Supposedly there is a monthly deal with Listerine, but it’s not in the ad and the products weren’t marked well, so I passed. It will probably advertised in next Sunday’s paper. Supposedly I should have a Right Guard or Dri Idea $1 coupon, which would make the $2.99 deodorant and $2 RR free, but I couldn’t find it. Perhaps I already used it? I don’t know, but I was disappointed…it was nice to get out of the office though.

I think I’ve blabbed on enough. Do you have any 4th of July plans? Or any trips you’re taking? I might just live through you all…

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aren't you going to meet us at the pie kitchen to see Rachael on the 4th?

Betsy said...

Yes I am. Jeremy really wanted to get out of "the city" so we were seeing what the options where. We're going to Cincy on Friday.