Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I need a new vacuum

We have a 100 lb dog and he spreads quite a bit of hair around the house. I pulled the vacuum out the other day and it begin to smell, that burning smell along with the weird noise. Yikes. Well, after perusing the Sunday ads and even the Black Friday Sales I think I found my best deal at Bed Bath and Beyond. With the amount of hair this dog provides, I really don't want to skimp out and buy a 'cheap' vacuum, but I think I found an GREAT deal, so I thought I'd share!

The Bissel Healthy Home Upright is $249.99, and it has a 5 year warranty, so it's got to be pretty good, right? Well, first I'm going to use one of those 20% off coupons that are always in the mail, so I'll end up paying about $200 + tax out of pocket. Through 11/30 they are offering a $75 BB&B gift card with purchase, so I'm down to about $125. THEN, in going through my coupons tonight I found a $20 rebate that was in the paper a few weeks ago! So, when I purchase the vacuum I'll ask for 2 receipts to send in for the 2 rebates. In the end I'll have a $250 vacuum for $105! Woohoo!!!

If you don't need a new vacuum, could this be a Christmas gift for someone in your family?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I got a FAB vacuum deal at Kohl's when I lived with Sara (and her 4 cats). Definitely don't skimp on the vacuum, sounds like a great deal! Is it bagless?

Betsy said...

It is bagless. We currently have a bagless and Jeremy is not the biggest fan because of all the filters you're supposed to replace. But if we got a bagged vacuum we'd have to buy a bag every other week. I like the bagless...and they really don't sell a lot of bag ones any more anyway.